10 Awesome Perks Your Next Job Must Have…
Do you dream of unlimited vacations, fun times with coworkers
and being able to bring your fur baby to work?
Well I do too and guess what?
Those dream companies do exist!
I know what you are saying
– did you just say that?! –
and the answer is yes.
I have searched high and low to bring you the ultimate list of must have,
awesome work perks that you should require from your next job.
So let’s dive in and chat about these amazing perks and why you need them.
At the end if you believe you need these perks in your life then you can learn how to land the job
with our other posts on how to slay and tips for crafting a killer resume.
10 Must-Have, Totally Awesome, Required Future Work Perks:
- Unlimited Vacation: Lets start with the best perk ever shall we. I mean let’s be honest it’s probably the reason you kept reading [but it’s okay]. Anyways, there are actual companies out there in the world that provide unlimited vacation or paid time off. I know, I couldn’t believe it either until I saw it myself. You want to work for a company that recognizes hard work and not hours put in. Find a company that appreciates all you do and realizes that you need some time off to keep that awesome work ethic flowing. I know that unlimited vacation or paid time off comes in handy when you have multiple weddings, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, baby showers, etc. You need time off for all those events and you haven’t even gone on an actual vacation yet! Having unlimited time and flexibility is a must have and when you are a hard worker, you deserve it.
- Dogs: Obviously, this is probably the second most important perk because well, who doesn’t love their fur babies? I mean seriously. Companies that allow dogs at the office I’m sure have better creativity and happier employees. Some companies even offer pet insurance but I would settle for just having some pups around to brighten the day. Imagine every day as bring your dog to work day [that alone is better than a small raise].
- Health Benefits + 401K: Yes this one is a little less fun than the first two perks – but – it is one that should be required no matter where you work. Your health is important and how are you supposed to work if you are sick? So make sure they take care of you so you can take care of yourself. Most companies now offer a full coverage of benefits including dental, vision and 401k plans and they start the coverage on your first day instead of having a probationary period.
- Company Outings + Social Events: There are very few people you come across who actually love their jobs and actually love the people they work with. I absolutely love that some companies plan team bonding activities and social events [that aren’t mandatory]. I think companies can thrive if the people working there actually enjoy working together. Some companies will even provide a small monthly reimbursement for you to go out with your coworkers. I think that if you enjoy hanging out inside the office together that going out after work hours shouldn’t be shunned. I love that team building will more than likely improve work communications at the office too.
- Commuter Benefits: If you have to travel far for a job you love, doesn’t getting some compensation make it that much better? Even if you don’t like your job, being compensated for travel makes it a little less horrible. Traveling can be stressful and it takes away from your pay so if a company is offering to assist I think that is terrific.
- Career Growth: Okay this one is huge! Who would want to work for a company where they don’t constantly learn or grow? What’s the point right? I love some organizations now offer additional training, travel to conferences and workshops and more. I am actually surprised that this perk isn’t as common as one would think. I think that if you are constantly learning and growing that it will only benefit the company. Sure some conferences and workshops may cost more than others but the ROI is huge because you will now have someone with a higher skill set working for you!
- Gym Perks: A perk that has since been revamped is the gym perk. I know certain insurance companies will reimburse employees for actually going to the gym – with some proof – but some companies are now straight up offering discounted memberships or actual gyms at the office. I don’t know about you but I get my best ideas while on the treadmill so imagine the inspiration that could happen. Another perk of having a gym office is if you have to travel far from work. Some commuters can travel over an hour a day so they are already wasting two hours of their precious day so I think it is great to have a gym available to them before, after or maybe even on their lunch break.
- Competitive Salary: This should be mandatory at every organization but unfortunately that isn’t always the case. I am a firm believer that if someone is good at their job they should be compensated accordingly. I know that there are industry standards but a lot of millennials bring more to the table than employees used to. Not to say that non-millennials aren’t equally as amazing but millennials were brought up in a more tech-savvy environment which can give them an edge in today’s workforce. Either way, I think people should be compensated accordingly and if they prove to be more than the original decided amount then their salary should be reconsidered.
- Remote Work Option: Don’t feel like going into the office on a Monday? Just want to stay in cozy sweats on a rainy day? There are companies out there that offer the option to work from home when you want to. There are also companies that allow for full time remote work but if you like the office atmosphere then the option should suffice. Either way, it is nice to have the flexibility when needed.
- Education Perks: Again, I believe people should constantly be learning and growing. I think that is what makes companies great. If a company offers to pay for – fully or partially – to go back to school or take a class, I think that is a outstanding company to work for. In the end, the company will benefit too because you will have more tools in your toolbox. See what I did there? 😉
Don’t believe these awesome perks exist?
Check out Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work
Here is your pin-able:
Did you know these kind of perks existed?
What else do you want to learn about?
Comment below with your questions or suggestions!