10+ Super Cool Mothers Day Gift Ideas
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Today we celebrate moms.
Well – actually – on May 8th we celebrate but today we talk about what awesome gifts to get them.
I always love purchasing something a little unique and little different for my gifts.
I feel like it shows you went that little extra because you really care about the person.
Whether your mom is a cool, hip mom or a laid-back babe, I like to think I have every kind of gift you may need.
So here is to the moms who do it all for us!
We love you!
Here is our list of perfect mothers day gifts for that cool mom of yours:
- Beauty Sets: Ever since I tried some Glamglow samples I have been in love. I love that they come in sets as well. I would recommend the Glamglow Dazzling Hydration set or the Glamglow Ultimate Anti-aging set for moms who want to look forever young.
- Cute Jewelry: I feel like name plate necklaces are coming back (or at least I want them to) so I’m going to throw this adorable ‘Mom’ necklace on the list. If you want something besides a necklace then I recommend the Kate Spade Sailors Knot Bangle and the Kate Spade Seastone Sparkle Cluster Stud Earrings.
- Slippers: Fur sandals are very ‘in’ right now but I feel like they might be a fad so I’m going with a classic. Fur slippers or Faux Fur (because fur-babies). I’m digging these MK Faux-Fur Cheetah Slippers, Pottery Barn’s Faux Fur Slippers, and UGG’s Scuffette II Slipper.
- Cookbooks: Yes, most moms cook but some moms actually like to cook so for those moms I say cookbooks are always in. I hear Chrissy Teigen’s book is a best seller but I also think this cooking for two cookbook and Thug Kitchen look pretty bad (in a good way). Oh, and for the moms who like simple, try this 5 ingredient cook book.
- Teavana: If your mom loves tea then we must shop at tea heaven aka Teavana. Whether she is just starting out or a seasoned pro, they have everything. I personally love their Starter Kits, Multicolor ‘Viv’ Teapot Set, Wellness Teas Sampler and their Ultimate Tea Collection.
- Cool Mom Mug: One of my top 10 favorite movies of all time is Mean Girls so when I saw this cool mom mug at Francesca’s I died. I’m not a mom but I thought it was so cool that I wanted one for myself. Safe to say my mom will be getting one of these baddies.
- Makeup Organizer: Sometimes, you just need to upgrade mom with a cool new makeup bag. I love Estee Lauder’s Lilly Pulitzer Spring Cosmetic Bag from 2014 (which is still cool in my book) and Kate Spade’s Walk on Air Cosmetic Bag. However, if your moms lipsticks are a mess, grab her any of these lipstick organizers.
- Cute Yoga Mat: For the Zen moms, it’s time for a new yoga mat like this Gaiam Mat. If she isn’t ready to toss her mat then maybe add to her collection with a block or if she is just starting out then a set of DVDs.
- Hot Tools Travel Case: If your mom is one that likes to travel, make sure her belongings stay safe. Grab a travel pouch for her hair straightener or curling iron. I like this KLOUD case or any Vera case. PS- I personally own the Vera case and it is great!
- Sunnies: You can’t go wrong with a new pair of sunglasses. I prefer the classic looks for mom like these cat eye sunglasses or these aviators sunglasses. If your mom is a little more old school then these classic aviators may be more her speed.
- Nail Polish Set + Gift card: I normally shy away from gift cards as gifts (because I don’t think they are as thoughtful) but since I can’t offer a killer pedicure, I will leave it up to the pros. However, add a little thoughtfullness with either this Spring Pastels OPI set or this Summer Picnic OPI set.
- Something handmade: I love DIY gifts. I feel like they are the coolest gifts ever. I found a couple of ideas on Pinterest that I thought you guys would love for your moms. First is this chocolate covered pineapple wine bottle thing (genius), Second is any of these 75 DIY crafts or Third is my DIY wine bottle makeup holder or candle holder.
PS- My mother reads my blog.
Shop our favorites here:
Here is your pin-able:
What are you getting your mom this year?
How did we do? What is your favorite from this list?
Comment below and let us know!
or tag us in your pics on social media with the hashtag #FCnextdoor!