5 Easy Ways To Have A Better Workout
I know it’s been a while since we talked about workouts on here so we decided to switch it up today.
As much as we love our beauty chats, we know how important it is to stay healthy.
Alright let’s get started!
Here are 5 Easy Ways To Have A Better Workout:
- Try Something New: Trying a new workout routine, class, or even an exercise can make all the difference and breaking that boredom barrier which can easily stir up a bit of instant bliss. Maybe you decided to workout with a friend for the first time or maybe you are finally trying that barre class you always wanted to try. It may sound silly but changing it up every once in a while is a sure way to stay motivated and excited for each workout. Another fun thing to try is online workouts. Removing the stress of creating a workout or workout plan for yourself and simply following along can make a workout better. Do you have a fitness idol? Perhaps trying one of their workouts may give you that extra boost of encouragement.
- Create a New Playlist: I don’t know about you but something as simple as creating a new playlist with new songs is just… everything. It can completely change a workout. I love going from throwbacks to hip hop to dance music to punk music and more. The variety always helps change my workouts. Some days I just really need to listen to some gangsta rap, some days I just have to get all my aggression out with some heavy metal and someday I am a cool, calm pop princess. I really love working out to early 2000s hits too because it brings my back to my high school days for a little extra motivation. Sometimes I even visualize myself laying on the beach listening to that new song that just came out and feeling great because I had a bit of extra motivation while working out for that vacation.
- Positive Vibes: Something as simple as having a positive mind can make a world of difference in your workout. Just think, if you believe you are going to have a crappy workout then guess what? You are going to have a crappy workout girl! If you believe you will have a great workout where you will crush personal records and sweat like nobody’s watching then guess what? You will. The mind is so powerful and there is nothing like the feeling of completing a killer workout. I know I recently shared my list of books that every entrepreneur should read but if you have a chance – just for a little life motivation – I would grab the ‘You are a Badass‘ book or ‘The Desire Map‘. If you are looking to have a more positive mind in general or if you want to learn how to have more control of your own life then go for ‘The Power of Now‘.
- Create Goals and Crush Em’: Back to crushing PR’s, set one workout goal each day. It could be as little as getting in one extra rep, walking for an extra 5 minutes or adding increase the weight on an exercise. Whatever your goal is for that day, crush it and by the end of the week you will have 6 or 7 small goals completed [depending on how often you workout]. If you workout 6 days a week then maybe on your 7th day or on your rest day, your goal is simply to stretch. Again, these mini goals can be as big or as little as you desire but the sense of accomplishment will keep your workouts upbeat and again, motivated.
- Write It Down and Check It Off: I used to really love writing down my workouts and checking off each exercise as I went. Don’t get me wrong, I still do but now I use an app instead of a notebook. My workouts have become so much better since I have everything in one place. I also love that my workouts that I created are set up and ready to go as soon as I get to the gym just by opening the app. As you go through your workout, checking off each exercise is so satisfying. Apps also help you keep track of what set you are on and how many reps you are doing for that exercise so it removes the unnecessary confusion/stress while working out. Several apps that I recommend trying are Fitlist or Sworkit app. They each have a great catalog of exercises and workouts. The Fitlist’s app allows you to add your own exercises to your own workouts if needed. I also love the Nike+ Training club. I constantly find myself looking for new exercises there. Two additional apps that I find helpful are Blogilates and the Tone It Up app. I use them mostly for recipes but they also have great exercises. If you are looking for an app that provides workouts then you may want to try something like the Workout Trainer app or use the workouts listed in the Nike+ app. Either way, any app can help craft a better workout by removing some of the unnecessary stresses and allowing yourself to create new goals.
I hope you all enjoyed these tips!
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
Here is your Pin-able:
How did we do? Are these tips helpful?
Check out our desk for some of our favorite posts or our list of Lifestyle tricks.
Comment below and let us know
Feel free to share our tips on social media!