Behind the Blog:
How Well Do You Know Me Tag
Hey Little Darlings!
Today we were nominated for the ‘How Well Do You Know Me Tag’ by a few of our favorite bloggers. Since we had multiple tags, we decided to choose our favorite 11 questions [to be fair] and we will make sure to tag 11 more babes at the end of this post with our questions.
Let’s get to it!
1. What is your favorite blogging memory or moment? I honestly have a lot. Blogging started as an outlet for me but has now evolved into so much more. Each year I like to really dive into what I learned throughout the previous year and set goals for the years to come so those are some of my favorite moments. I also love seeing my friends succeed in their journeys. My favorite memories would be my recent event with the amazing staff at Vera Bradley, my Jord Collab and the Derma-e Event with my friend Melissa.
2. What is your favorite social media platform and why? For the longest time it was Facebook or Pinterest but now it is easily Instagram [even with all of their silly changes]. I feel like Instagram is more personal and I am able to connect more with my readers and friends. Ps- you can follow me at @fitchick_nextdoor 😉
3. Who are five bloggers you adore and why? Just five?! I love all of my blogging babes. I have made so many incredible friends over the past few years it’s hard to pick just five. I’m going to say the 11 babes listed below I equally adore but I also love my girls from SYBL Alexis and Jasmine.
4. Where do you draw your inspiration from? Yes! I love this question. I am a person who loves to be very in the moment and aware of my surroundings. I am constantly drawing inspiration from Instagram, Pinterest, and other social platforms but I also love finding local businesses and different locations for inspo.
5. Have you ever dyed your hair? So, yes. I actually didn’t dye my hair until Freshman year of college. My first hair color of choice was really blonde for my entire college run. From there I went onto a very dark brown [almost black] for about a month and then back to blonde about 5 years ago. After that I started to go back more to my natural hair color which is like a chestnut/brown color and then last year I dyed it red. Now my hair is slowly going back to a chestnut/brown again lol. So yes, I have dyed my hair a lot but one thing most people don’t know about me is that I happen to win ‘best hair’ in high school and got very angry letters via MySpace from one of the girls who lost.
6. What is one thing you always grab at Target or TJ Maxx? Hmm. I always hit up the beauty section at Target and without fail I always restock or find a new product to bring home. I know it’s bad but it’s usually some form of a skincare product or a product that I actually ran out of. As for TJ Maxx, I’m more of a Homegoods gal so I usually leave with some form of office decor, organizational thing or home decor.
7. What is your favorite kind of music or your favorite jam? I loveeee gangsta rap. I know and yes my fiance hates it lol but when I am working out it just gets me pumped up! I also love pop music. The only genre I really don’t listen to [and don’t kill me] is country or like gosphal music. My current jam [which I know all the raps too – naturally] is DJ Khalid – I’m the one.
8. How do you edit your blog photos? I actually use two or three different apps depending on how much editing the photo needs. The process is a bit consuming but my apps I use lately are VSCO, FaceTune, and Afterlight. You can learn more about my photo tips here.
9. Do you speak any other language(s)? I actually speak a bit of German. I took it for six years in middle school + high school. I wish I was still fluent but I’ve lost my touch. I can read it and speak it but now it is very minimal.
10. Favorites: Holiday, Color, Food, Perfume, and TV Show(s)… Go: YAS. Okay, Holiday is Christmas or Halloween. Color(s) is a combo of rose gold, turquoise and blush. Food is probably mac and cheese or anything buffalo style and obviously dessert. Perfume is my one and only Armani Code [I got all my friends addicted] ;). TV Shows are currently Teen Mom OG + 2 [guilty pleasure], I will always love Laguna Beach and The OC, but currently Sons of Anarchy, Orange is the New Black, Ink Master and Shark Tank.
11. Where do you see your blog this time next year? LOADED question but I dig it. I have so many moving parts right now. For FCN, I really would love to add some more wedding elements since I am engaged and I have a lot of fun ideas. I also would love to attend more events, add a bit more style posts, and establish myself on social media. As for my other ventures, I am currently working on a new business so you will see that soon and you may see a bit of a shift in content on FCN [but all good stuff – I promise!].
Here are my 11 babes to tag:
1. Cara @ Kindly Unspoken
2. Steffanie @ Brighter Darling
3. Laura @ Black Coffee Beautiful
4. Stef @ Beautiful Beakers
5. Melissa @ Primp and Prime Beauty
6. Amy @ Amylyn Beauty
7. Natalie @ The Dental Beauty
8. Haley @ Haley’s Dailies
9. Wrayn @ Wrayn Vasser
10. Ela @ Ela Mariie
11. Chelsie @ Hey There Chelsie
1. Where is one place you always wanted to visit?
2. What is your favorite blogging moment or memory?
3. Who is someone you admire in the blogging world?
4. What are five things you have learned since you started blogging?
5. What is your favorite social platform and why?
6. Who or where do you turn for blogging inspiration?
7. What is your number 1 organization or life tip?
8. Favorites: TV Shows, Color, Food, Animal, Movie and Guilty Pleasure… GO!
9. What is your favorite brand that you have ever worked with or who would your dream brand be to work with?
10. What is one thing we don’t know about you? Do you have a talent? Did anything cool ever happen to you? Did you ever meet a celeb? Tell us everything!
Thanks for joining me today.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better but if you want to learn even more you can check out our past Q+A here.
Comment below and answer your favorite question from above about yourself!
Do you have more questions for me? Comment below!