Currently Crushing: May Beauty Favorites
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Over the weekend I got a few questions and compliments about a few of the looks I was wearing. I realized that as much as I talk about all these incredible products, you guys don’t see which ones I use over and over again each day. 90% of the time, the products I talk about do find their way into my regular routine.
Today I wanted to share my current beauty favorites for May. These are the products I use pretty much daily or every other day. If you guys like this series, let me know and I’ll make it a monthly post.
Before you go,
comment below and tell me which beauty products you are currently crushing on.
Are there any new recommendations you have for me? Let me know!
Currently Crushing: May Beauty Favorites
Makeup + Tools:
- Grande Mascara: I’m one of those girls who owns 40 mascaras but uses the same three. Ever since I got this mascara, I have been using it daily. I like to think of it as a cross between my favorite YSL mascara and my carbon black mascara. It makes my lashes extra fluffy while still giving great length. If you want to see my full review of their products, check it out here.
- Pixi Beauty Lip Icing: Isn’t it funny how I went from not wearing any form of lip product besides chapsticks to now having easily over 100 lip products? haha. Anyways, I have been loving the glittery gloss trend lately [especially over my nude lipsticks and liners]. This Pixi lip icing has been my favorite of all the shimmery glosses I own. I often wear it over my favorite lip liner but it is also very pretty by itself.
- Smashbox Liquid Lipstick in Drivers Seat: I found this lipstick thanks to one of my Sephora favorites boxes [they are seriously the best!]. This shade is a beautiful warm pink. It is very comfortable on the lips and it lasts all day. They have a ton of shades but this one is my current favorite.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Noirish: So creamy. So pigmented. UGH, I love this shade! It can only be described as the perfect spring lip! It is a beautiful bright red with a satin finish so it is so creamy and comfortable on the lips.
- Hello Fab Skin Tints: I LOVE these skin tints! To clarify, I love using them by themselves for some quick, matte coverage but also I love adding these to my foundations to punch up the ‘tan’. They come in four shades I believe but I use the darkest shade and the second darkest shade to enhance my foundations.
- MAC Matte Eyeshadow in Saddle: Can you ever go wrong with a MAC eyeshadow? I’m going to safely say no. This beautiful warm brown shade is perfect for a transition shade in the crease or it is also pretty by itself on the lid.
- Pixi Beauty Weylie Palette: I have been using and abusing this palette! I swear the three matte shades are the perfect neutrals for my skin. I love mixing these super-pigmented shadows with the iluvsarahii palette and the espresso yourself palette for the ultimate smokey eye.
- Colourpop x iluvsarahii Chic-y Palette: I did a whole review of her entire collection but this palette is easily my favorite. I just started to use it again this month and I forgot why I ever stopped. The shimmer shade is STUNNING on the lid and it has the perfect range for a quick and beautiful smokey eye.
- Beauty Crop Espresso Yourself Palette: Talk about my neutral zone! This palette has at least one of my all time favorite shades in it. These shadows apply so easily and are very pigmented. I love using these as my transition shades then popping on some pretty shimmers on the lid.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus: Dry Shampoo with a hint of color?! I have used so many dry shampoos and don’t get me wrong I have about 5 brands in my rotation but since I picked up this Batiste dry shampoo, I haven’t touched the others. I think because my hair color is currently brunette, I love that it doesn’t leave behind any white spots or marks. It not only minimizes any oily locks but it does double duty in giving my hair a bit more volume and life.
- BH Cosmetics Deluxe Fan Brush: If you caught my Battle of the Brushes post, then you saw how obsessed I was when I first got this brush months ago. I’m happy to say, I have used it every time I apply a highlighter since then. This brush gives such an airbrushed, glowy, gorgeous finish that none of my other brushes can compete.
- Morphe M439 Brush: I bought this foundation brush last year and like the BH fan brush, it has seriously kicked my other brushes to the curb. I love how this brush blends my foundation. It doesn’t leave me feeling streaky or patchy and it really creates a smooth, perfect application.
- NeoStrata Firming Neck Cream: If you saw my results, then you already know why this product is on my list. I recently started using this neck cream again and I wanted to slap myself in the face for ever stopping. I’ll be sharing my latest result update soon so make sure to check back but in the meantime, this cream WORKS wonders for those who have fine lines on their neck. [I am a forever fan].
- Fresh Beauty Black Tea Essence: I used to crush on Tatcha’s essence product until I received this black tea kombucha essence from Fresh Beauty. My skin feels so hydrated and glowy after each use. I love that you only need a fingertips worth of product for each application.
- Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash: Holy sweetness! I love this body wash. Not only does it smell like pure candy [Yes, I’m surprised I like that smell on a body wash] but it makes my skin feel buttery smooth after each use. You can check out some other amazing Soap and Glory products here.
- Derma E Hydrating Cleanser: I have a lot of favorites from Derma-E but the new hydrating cleanser has stay steady in my current shower rotation. My skin feels clean and refreshed after each use. It is not harsh on the skin [for those with sensitive skin]. Overall, it is a great hydrating cleanser.
- Paula’s Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment: Why did I know nothing about Retinols before last year?! I swear they save lives.
Want More? How about 15 Minute Quick Glam Mini Tutorial?
Here is your pin-able:
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?
Do you have any beauty recommendations?