HUGE Colourpop Haul:
My Little Pony Collection + More!
It’s time for another haul!
I have a few of these coming up on the old editorial calendar because I bought SO much during those awesome Black Friday sales, but today is exclusively my Colourpop Haul.
Growing up, My Little Pony was my jam. I mean my absolute favorite thing in the whole entire world. I literally still have all the OG ponies tucked away somewhere [before they got the facelift with the crazy big eyes] but anyways they hit the nostalgia button hard with this one. One of the reasons I had to have the Colourpop My Little Pony collection is 1. because they used the OG ponies and logo on the packaging [respect] and 2. because there are so many brands coming out with these MLP collections that I had to grab one and I knew Colourpop won’t let me down.
Disclaimer: I didn’t grab the whole collection just the products I wanted to try.
I bought these with my own money. As always, all opinions are my own, honest opinions.
HUGE Colourpop Haul: My Little Pony Collection + More:
Before we dive in, you can find any of these products at www.colourpop.com. If you are nervous to purchase from their site, or prefer to see some of their products in person, Sephora recently started to sell some of their stuff so head over and check it out!
No Filter Concealers: I think I was most excited to try these concealers only because I didn’t want to ruin the beautiful My Little Pony products or packaing. JK but also because I heard a lot of great things. I got two shades, Light and Medium Tan, because the medium [I think that was the shade] was sold out. I am happy to say I love these concealers and I keep reaching for them every time I do my makeup. [That’s how you know they are good] They are easy to blend, they don’t crease or cake up under the eye and are lightweight yet concealing. Only problem is, now I want like every shade… of course. Also, these are not part of the MLP collection just FYI.
Highlighters: So if you caught my ELF Haul, you’ll see that on Black Friday I apparently couldn’t stop purchasing highlighters. Of course this haul has some highlighters but I’m happy to report I purchased more eye products than highlighters during my Colourpop haul.
- Pressed Powder Face Highlighter in S’il Vous Play: This was the first pressed highlighter that I have tried from Colourpop and again I wasn’t let down. Impressed is an understatement. This particular highlighter isn’t overpowering which I normally love, but it just highlights the skin so nicely. I love this glowy and soft shade.
- Luster Dust in Gnomie: This luster dust is from their Holiday 2017 collection so I’m not sure how long it will be around but DANG. It took me 30 seconds to fall in love. This is a gorgeous highlighter [with or without flash] but I have also been using this as an eyeshadow pigment and it is STUNNING! It champagne-gold-shimmer goodness.
- My Little Pony Pressed Powder Highlighter in Trickles: This pretty pink highlighter has a little hint of blue undertone which is very different from any highlighters I have. This is another shadow that isn’t overpowering yet super pigmented and pretty.
Eyes: I think at this point I own about 30 super shock shadows, 30 pressed eye shadows and yet I still can’t get enough [if you want a post with those shadows just let me know]. I know you’ve heard me talk about the price of their shadows in the past but the quality… I mean, they are pretty hard to beat. Not chalky, always pigmented, super easy to apply and work with. I will always recommend their shadows but especially their pressed shadows.
- My Little Pony Shadow Palette: It took me days to swatch this palette because I didn’t want to ruin it. I’m serious. This pressed shadow palette… my gosh. I mean aside from the ADORABLE packaging, these shades are beautiful. I will say, the pan size looked a lot smaller than their normal individual pressed shadows though so I had to investigate. After looking up the actual Net Weights, the MLP palette pans are 0.85g and their normal, individual pressed shadows are 1.5g so that was a little disappointing [not that I really even hit pan on a shadow]. I was also curious to see how the other palettes stacked up and I was pleasantly surprised they were all the same .85g weight. There were two palettes that were 1.0g which were the ‘All I See is Magic’ palette and the ‘Golden State of Mind’ palette so that was interesting. Back to the MLP palette though, like all of their shadows, I loved that BOTH their shimmer shades and matte shades were very, very pigmented. I like that there is a good variety and that it allows for multiple looks.
- My Little Pony Super Shock Shadow in Cherries Jubilee: I love their super shock shadows and this icy, opal-pink is unlike any shadows I currently own. It is flawless with the flash on but even without, I mean can you say perfection?
- Supernova Shadow in Mothership: I am so thankful that the beauty industry has started to come out with these easy-to-apply glitter shadows. They not only make eyeshadows pop but they take actual seconds to apply and are very easy for beginners or advanced makeup enthusiasts to use. This teal shade is like my dream shade of life. I love that they are not patchy or flaky either.
- Supernova Shadow in Walk of Fame: This true gold shadow is perfection. It actually has little bits of silver glitter which make it so pretty and different from similar products I own. I know I keep saying pretty, but this collection is really fricken pretty guys.
Lips: When I first started to purchase Colourpop products, it was all because of their amazing lipsticks and glosses. I am happy to say that over the years, even when they add new formulas, they never disappoint in the lip department. Also, I was never a gloss girl until this year and now I’m addicted thanks to Colourpop.
- My Little Pony Ultra Glossy Lip in Flutter Valley: This is the gloss that dreams are made from. This beautiful gold is perfect over a nude lip or alone. I have been wearing it almost every day with no makeup or with a nice natural, glowy tan vibe.
- My Little Pony Ultra Glossy Lip in Dream Castle: This fuchsia metallic gloss, I mean come on SO fun! I’m glad they didn’t have this when I was younger because I’m sure I would have rocked it every day and probably in every picture. It is another gloss that I love to wear with a natural, every day look.
Swatches + additional photos:
Here is your pin-able:
What was your favorite toy or character growing up?
Do you own any Colourpop products?