Ipsy Glam Bag: Worth The Hype?
One thing that has become wildly popular over the years are subscription box services. Everywhere you look there is another box subscription to fulfill all your needs and desires. They literally have subscription boxes for everything from food to fitness to beauty and even one for shaving.
Today I’m sharing my past three Ipsy Glam Bags to show you why I think certain boxes are worth the hype. Ipsy is a personalized subscription that sends you 5 full or deluxe size products each month. Each monthly bag has a theme and the products are picked to match your personalized quiz results.
Before you go,
comment below and tell me if you are currently an Ipsy subscriber?
Do you like monthly subscription boxes?
Ipsy Glam Bag: Worth The Hype?
Before we dive in, let me say, I have been an Ipsy Glam Bag subscriber for over a year. Before I signed up for Ipsy, I was a BirchBox member. Each Birchbox contained lots of hair products and facial products [rarely any makeup products] that I wouldn’t even consider deluxe sample sizes. Since I have color treated hair, I couldn’t even use half the products and they didn’t feel personalized to fit my needs. Also, a lot of the products reminded me of free samples you could get at a Sephora or Ulta and I received the same products over and over again.
After a few months of Birchbox, I signed up for the Ipsy bag. I kept my Birchbox subscription for three more months while also getting my Ipsy bag. Both subscriptions were $10/month so I was comparing apples to apples. It was safe to say that after only three months, I felt Ipsy was crushing it so I cancelled my Birchbox subscription.
The Ipsy Subscription Pros:
- The products are either full size or a deluxe sample size meaning you get more than one or two uses. I’ve often those deluxe sizes more than 6 or 7 times depending on the product.
- The products were actually personalized to me and what I liked thanks to their awesome quiz and reviews.
- They have a wide range of products that include makeup, beauty tools, skincare, haircare, etc.
- I love that they include high-end brands and even ‘indie’ brands that you may not have heard of. You get at least one high-end product in each bag.
- A lot of my favorite brands I have discovered through the products I’ve received in my bags.
- You can review each bag so if you don’t like the overall bag or an individual product/brand/shade you can let them know why. I feel like they really listen to your feedback because I have yet to get a product again that I didn’t like or a shade that wasn’t for me a second time.
- You also can earn points by reviewing the products and bags. The points allow you to get additional products for free. Plus the reviews only help Ipsy know what you like and don’t like.
- You get a free makeup bag each month.
- They always have discounts and exclusive sales.
Just to show you why I think Ipsy is worth the hype, I decided to share my last three bags to show you exactly what I received.
March Glam Bag: ‘Create’
- Dirty Little Secret Baked Highlighter in Bellini: Full-size highlighter
- BRTC Jasmine Waterful Foaming Cleanser: Deluxe Sample Size
- Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Mono: Full-size shadow
- SLMISSGLAM Blusher Brush: Full-size brush [one of my favorite brands I discovered through Ipsy!]
- Tarte Sex Kitten Eyeliner: Deluxe Sample Size
- Bonus Points Product: Derma-E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub Deluxe Sample
April Glam Bag: ‘Social Butterfly’
- Biorace Pore Tightening Pearl Clay Mask: Deluxe Sample Size
- Dirty Little Secret Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Nude Beach: Full-size gloss
- Steve Laurant Beauty Blush: Full-size blush
- NOTS Once Finishing Cream: Deluxe Sample Size
- Royal + Langnickel MODA Eye Shader: Full-size brush
May Glam Bag: ‘Go There’
- Sur.Medic+ Pore-less Carbonic Peel Mask: 2 Full-size masks
- Adesse New York Gel Effect Nail Polish: Full-size polish
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum: Deluxe Size Sample
- Air Repair Skincare Complexion Quenching Facial Mist: Deluxe Size Sample
- Trestique Mini Matte Blur Stick: Deluxe Size Sample
Like I said, there are SO many subscription boxes out there. If you aren’t into beauty products, then grab a lifestyle box like FitFabFun. If you want more full-size products then try a service like BoxyCharm for $21/month.
Want your own Ipsy Glam Bag? You can grab your own for just $10/month!
Have you tried Ipsy before? Have you tried any of these products?
Do you have any beauty recommendations?