Ride or Die: Our Favorite Drugstore Beauty Products… Ever!
I cannot believe it is almost Christmas!
If you caught our ride-or-die series in the past then you know how this goes,
but if you haven’t then you are in for a treat.
We love to share what products have put in the time and what products really work for us.
They never change. They always deliver.
So below is our list of our favorite drugstore products that we simply can’t live without.
These products regularly get tossed into our everyday routines and
if they get tossed to the side for a moment they always make a come back.
The products listed below we have used over and over and over again.
Some we have even been using for over ten years!
[ yes, they are that good! ]
So let’s get this party started!
Warning: the products featured in the photographs below have been heavily used.
Here is our list of our favorite drugstore beauty products…ever!:
1. Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Translucent Powder: You probably saw this product on our drugstore dupes list as a dupe for the Laura Mercier translucent powder and I still firmly stand by that list. It is almost a cross between the Laura Mercier powder and the popular RCMA powder. I own all three and I still cycle in the Maybelline powder on a regular basis. I actually use it so much I just hit pan so it is almost time for a new one.
2. Ardell Lashes: I have everything from House of Lashes falsies to Morphe falsies to Huda beauty lashes and so many more. I still find myself always grabbing my Ardell lashes. They have never let me down and I have been using them since 2007. My personal favorites are the wispies or the 120 demi’s but they just came out with their new ‘studio effects’ lashes that are ‘customized by a make-up artist’. Well I want to meet this make-up artist because just when I thought they couldn’t get better they did. I am newly o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with the studio effects 110‘s, wispies, demi wispies, and 106’s.
3.Wet N Wild – Brow Kit: All through high school and college I swore by the Lancome brow pencil [which is still great but doesn’t work nearly as well as my $5 brow kit] until I discovered brow powder. I am so sad I didn’t stumble upon this hidden gem earlier because my photographs from those times are borderline terrifying. Imagine having now brows – due to a terrible wax job in 7th grade – with a slight tint and that is what I basically had. My brows are still a pain but this $5 brow kit has two shades that are PERFECT.
4. Physicians Formula Multi-color Bronzer: If you have been a reader of ours before today then you have absolutely heard us talk about this product. I have been using this product since 9th grade. The formula has yet to change – thank god – and every time it gives me the perfect bronzed look. Every time I use this product I know what I am getting. It is my secret weapon for always having a perfect fake tan. It does not make me look orange and I just love the way it applies evenly and flawlessly.
5. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation: This is a new-ish product to my ride or die collection. If you know me, then you know I swear by Clinique’s Even Better foundation [another product I’ve been using since 9th grade]. This is as close as it gets to the Clinique foundation. There are a ton of drugstore foundations that I love but this one is constantly in rotation with my regulars.
6. NYX Liquid Illuminator: This illuminator packs a powerful punch. I would say it is a great dupe for some of the benefit liquid highlighters. You seriously only need a teeny drop and it highlights like a boss. I haven’t found may drugstore powder highlighters that I love. I have tried the popular ELF highlighters and like them as well but this Illuminator…damn.
7. Wet N Wild Eye Shadows: There are very few drugstore shadows that I love. The only ones I find myself continually using here and there are the Wet N Wild palettes. They are super pigmented and blend really well. They also don’t leave a chalky and uneven feel which most drugstore shadows do. I know that once I apply these shadows they will last all day long and all the shades currently available are beautiful.
8. Milani Color Statement Lipsticks: This year was the year of lipsticks. I really never wore lipstick – or anything on my lips – until the last two years. I mean, I bought a ton of products but I really never wore any until the last year and half. With that being said, one lip product I constantly find myself grabbing is the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks. I love other affordable brands like Colourpop but since I am going drugstore the Milani lipsticks can’t be beat. They apply evenly – even the darker shades – and they are very pigmented. They also last a long time for a regular, non-liquid lipstick.
9. Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Eyeliner: I LOVE this liquid eyeliner. The tip of this liner is so fine that it easily helps you create a perfect winged liner. It also isn’t in true pen form so it doesn’t dry out quickly and the black liner is super dark. There are several other liners I love that are drugstore but this one is by far my favorite.
10. Rimmel Kate Contour Kit: There are a lot of drugstore contour kits that are great but this handy little kit has three killer shades all in one. I love this kit. [Seriously] The blush shade is almost identical to the NARS orgasm blush, the contour shade is does not give that muddy contour look [which can be hard to find], and that highlighter is one of the better powder highlights I have seen. It is also so affordable and compact so it is great for on the go.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: This concealer…I don’t even know where to start. If you like the NARS creamy concealer then this is a phenomenal dupe. This product I have used so many times and I finally ran out. I love that it lasts all day without creasing and that it is light weight. It also blends really well with a beauty sponge and comes in a ton of different shades.
12. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: If you caught our favorite mascaras post, then you know how we feel about this mascara. I have over 35 mascaras – high end and drugstore – and I still use this one all the time. I have the carbon black mascara, the regular mascara and the primer. For drugstore mascara, this is my go-to every time.
13. Real Techniques Miracle Sponge: Okay I’ll say it…I prefer this sponge over the beauty blender. GASP. No seriously, I got this product a month or so ago and I use it every day. I love that it is soft like the beauty blender but it is a bit more dense so I feel like it isn’t just pushing around my makeup. It is only $6 or $7 dollars vs the beauty blender which is $20!
14. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes: These towelettes are another product I have been using for years. All of the Neutrogena makeup removing products I highly recommend, but the wipes and the oil-free makeup remover are hands down my favorite. They remove makeup like a champ [especially shadows and glitter products]. I have tried so many products and none remove my makeup quite like the Neutrogena products do.
15. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer: There aren’t too many drugstore primers that I use honestly. I have gone through two or three of the Matte Primers. The formula kind of reminds me of a lotion without the stickiness some can have. It doesn’t smell and for a drugstore product I think it holds great and keeps my makeup in check all day.
These three products below really should have made the list. I LOVE the Nivea essentially enriched lotion.
It is one of the few lotions I can use that doesn’t irritate my skin. It also gives my skin an incredible glow. The L’Oreal infallible shadows are a little pricier for drugstore but they always deliver. They are so creamy and pigmented and they come in the most beautiful shades. Lastly, if you have ever been on Pinterest then you have seen the Milani Luminoso blush. It definitely deserves a mention. It is such a beautiful blush.
Here is your Pin-able:
What drugstore makeup products do you consider your ‘ride or die’?
Do you use any of these products listed? Which ones are your favorite?
Comment below and tell us.