Shayla x Colourpop Collection Haul
I asked… You answered…
So here we are!
I asked you guys a few weeks ago if you wanted to see the entire Shayla x Colourpop Collection and you said Y-E-S! So today I am sharing all the products, my thoughts, the swatches, etc.
For those who aren’t familiar, Colorpop is an ‘affordable’ beauty brand that up until recently was exclusively sold online at Colourpop.com. Recently, they did a collaboration with Sephora where some of their products were available in stores but I believe they are back to being online only.
I will throw out a small disclaimer and say that Colourpop rarely fails me. I must own over 40+ products from their company and there have only been a handful of products I haven’t liked which says great things about the quality of their products.
Before you go,
comment below and tell me if you have ever tried Colourpop before or share your favorite Colourpop product!
HUGE Colourpop Haul: Shayla Collection
Before we dive in, you can find any of these products at www.colourpop.com.
Can we address the gorgeous packaging first? I love the splattered paint idea that Shayla used. I think it is very different from most collaborations. I also love that the palette itself is a little heavier than their normal palettes and the size is more compact which makes it easier to travel with. The lux lipstick tubes and actual lipstick are both such high quality but especially for $6!
Perception Palette: After seeing look after look with this palette on Instagram, I knew I had to grab it and try it for myself. Aside from the fact that Colourpop is an extremely ‘affordable’ makeup brand [compared to most brands], their products are always high quality, pigmented, and long-lasting. I loved that Shayla herself created MULTIPLE looks [like 5+ looks] with her own palette. You can tell she really loves the palette and put her heart into it. When most collabs drop, I feel like you only see a look or two done with the palettes and Shayla did at least 5 or more.
- What’s in the palette: 16 shadows consisting of both matte and metallics [see full inside pic below]. It has 3 matte shades which I personally believe may be the perfect transition shades.
- The formula is like butter. They blend SO evenly and easily. A lot of times with matte shades they can sometimes be patchy or chalky. That was not the case at all with this palette. I have used this palette non-stop since I purchased it. I love the shade range. I took this palette with me on a trip and it was the only palette I needed. Also, this palette is perfect for a quick smokey eye or a dramatic, bold look.
Highlighters: Obviously you know I love me a good highlight…
- Luster Dust in Boomin’: This highlighter is a gorgeous gold-peach shade. If you have a tan or darker complexion, this will light up your skin perfectly. In the winter my skin isn’t as tan and I would still use this as a highlight or an eyeshadow.
- Luster Dust in Pose: This bronzy luster dust is sure to make you sparkle all day long. I love wearing this by alone or for a golden glowy ‘natural’ glam. To punch it up a notch, spray your fan brush with some MAC Fix + spray!
- Note: I have actually been mixing both and applying them. I love the combination of the two shades together personally.
Lips: I was really excited to try their new full coverage lipsticks [especially in the perfect neutral shades]. These lux lipsticks STAY in place. Holy smokes. I really have always loved Colourpops liquid lipsticks [and I own a ton] so I was really happy this collection had the new creamy, matte lipsticks instead. I also love that they included a glitter gloss because those have become really popular and they are very pretty on the lips.
- Quickie: This nude/orange lipstick has become…my go-to favorite. It hasn’t replaced UD’s Stark Naked because it is a bit different but it makes my lips look so perfect with my current complexion.
- C’Mon Sis: This lipstick is a nudes/pink shade. I like that she had a pink shade in the mix and it is a shade that I didn’t already own. It is very, very pretty.
- OOUUUU!: Gimmie all the orange lipsticks. I have been loving that orange lipsticks are making a comeback. Don’t get me wrong most of them don’t look the best on me, but when they get the shade right, they get it right! This shade is perfect for spring or with a glowing summer tan.
- Neat Freak: The most gorgeous full coverage pearl and metallic gloss. A lot of the shimmer glosses I own are more golden and this one just so much more vibrant and light on the lips. I absolutely love this gloss.
Bonus: Again, I really wanted to try the lux lipsticks and saw a shade [Uno Mas] that reminded me of my favorite Urban Decay shade ‘Stark Naked’. I’m so happy with the formula and I think it is very similar to the UD shade. I added a swatch of the Uno Mas shade to compare it with the lipsticks from the Shayla collection so you can see but I’m loving-g-g the formula on these lux lipsticks. PS- they are only $6!
Swatches + additional photos:
Here is your pin-able:
Do you own any Colourpop products?
Do you prefer glosses or lipsticks?